The City of Vancouver has received a revised application to rezone 601 Beach Crescent to a new CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. This revised application from GBL Architects Ltd. was submitted on October 22nd, 2019, in response to feedback received through public consultation and advisory groups to permit the development of a 55-storey mixed-use building which includes:
- 303 market residential units and 152 social housing units;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 7.95;
- 2,028 sq. m (21.828sq. ft.) of commercial space at grade;
- a floor area of 48,423 sq. m (521,225 sq. ft.);
- a building height of 163 m (535 ft.); and
- 455 parking spaces and 970 bicycle spaces.
Key changes from the last submission (Received September 24, 2018) include:
- Podium height along Beach Crescent
- Parking spaces
- Podium set further back from Beach Crescent
- Podium set further back from the Granville Bridge Deck
- Shifting of podium mass
The application is being considered under the Higher Buildings Policy.
Council Recommendation (pdf):
REFERRAL REPORT – PDF